Wood Mala with Howlite crystal Prayer Mala contains 108 beads plus one Guru bead and is used for devotional meditation, mantra and prayer. The number 108 is considered a sacred number in Hinduism, Buddhism and yogic tradition. In yoga, the number 108 refers to spiritual completion.
DETAILS OF THE MALA:
- 8 mm Wood and Howlite crystal beads with white metal.
- 108 beads plus one Howlite guru bead.
- 102 beads are individually hand knotted.
- 6 Hawlite Beads are separated by tiny white metal beads.
- Length with tassel: about 24" (61cm), Chain: about 38" (97cm)
- The tassel is made from rayon silk 4" long.
- All beads are strung on a high-quality strong nylon cord.
- The mala comes in a raw cotton bag carry bag
ABOUT THE WOOD BEADS AND HOWLITE:
Wood from tree has timeless quality. With root reaching deep down into the earth below and branches rising into the sky, it is a perfect symbol of our connection with both the underworld and the heavenly realm. Wood beads has been used for love charms all over the world. Wearing wood Mala helps us to stay connecting to Mother Earth.
We use wood beads from naturally grown Guava tree. Guava wood known for its strength and hardness. Guava wood’s characteristics are revealed as a light earthy sweetness in aroma & flavor with a toasty caramel brown color.
Howlite represents the spiritual qualities of stillness, tenderness, and open-mindedness. Howlite is believed to eliminate violen